Year 5 2022 Secondary School Admissions Information
Below you can find a presentation from Medway Council on what steps need to be taken regarding the 2022 admissions process
MyEd and Parentmail Information
MyEd is our primary communication app. It has a multitude of communication and information features to keep you updated and in the loop with what is happening at the school. We use it to send you emails, surveys, messages and more relating to your child’s education and to remind you of upcoming events. You can send messages back to us at no charge if you need to inform us of anything.
Please download it from the relevant app store on either iPhone or Android by searching ‘MyEd’ or by scanning the QR code on the back of this page. After it is installed open the app, search for Gordon Children’s Academy Infants (If your child is in year R, 1 or 2) or Gordon Children’s Academy Juniors (year 3+) and follow the simple instructions to identify yourself. Please note that if you have a child in both the Infant side of the school and the Junior side you will have to ensure that you have both schools connected to your MyEd account. Also if you have a child that has gone from Year 2 to Year 3 you will need to make sure you add the Junior side of the app to your account to continue receiving updates from us. The app will automatically link you with your child/ren. This can take up to 48 hours so don’t panic if you don’t see your child appear straight away, however, if after two days you still aren’t linked to your child then please contact the school office.
Parentmail is our payment app. If there are any upcoming trips or if your child is partaking in a paid club Parentmail will be what you need to pay for it. It is easy to download and easier to use. Parentmail gives you the option to pay for items, clubs and trips using a variety of methods to make the experience as simple as possible.
Parentmail can also be downloaded from the Play Store and the App Store depending on the device you are using. After that we will send you a link, all you have to do is click on that link and it will connect you to your child.
What we need from you
To ensure that we can keep you up to date all we need from you is a working email address and phone number. Please ensure that on the application forms you have put your current contact information and if you ever need to update us on changes please contact the school office on 03333 602110.
Resolution of Concern
Before using the email address below please ensure that you have raised your concern with the Class Teacher and the Year Group Leader as per the process below, before using the email link to express a concern.
Resolution of Concerns – Procedure at Gordon Children’s Academy
- We want to respond quickly to any concerns that you may have.
- If you have a concern, the first person you should speak to is your child’s Class Teacher.
- If it is not resolved at that stage, you may ask to speak to speak to the Year Group Leader.
Year Group Leaders
|Reception||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Mrs Cotton||Miss Lamb||Miss Lamb||Miss Kirk||Miss Kirk||Miss Cabrera||Miss Cabrera|
- If things don’t get resolved at this level, or if it is a serious concern, you can ask to see a member of the SLT:
- Miss Debnam – Assistant Headteacher/SENCo
- Miss Kemp – Assistant Headteacher
- In the unlikely event that your issue is not resolved at this point, please ask to speak to:
- Mrs Youseman – Deputy Headteacher
- Should you wish to take it further please complete a ‘School Formal Complaint form’. You should receive acknowledgement within 3 working days and a response to your concern within 20 working days.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Head of School’s response, the matter will be referred to the Mrs J Murphy, Executive Headteacher.
- If on the rare occasion a concern is not resolved in this way, please complete a ‘Schools Complaint Review Request Form’ and send to The Governing Body (c/o Gordon children’s Academy).
- If still not resolved, please write to Secretary of State for Education. Address available from the school office.