Resolution of Concern
Before using the email address below please ensure that you have raised your concern with the Class teacher and the Year Group Leader as per the resolution booklet (below), before using the email link to express a concern.
Resolution of Concerns – Procedure at Gordon Children’s Academy
- We want to respond quickly to any concerns that you may have.
- If you have a concern, the first person you speak to is your child’s Class Teacher.
- If it is not resolved at that stage, you may ask to speak to the Year Group Leader.
Year Group Leaders
| Foundation Stage
(Nursery & Reception)
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Mrs Ireland||Mrs Ireland||Mrs Ireland||Miss Kerr||Miss Farne||Miss Wish||Miss Salkeld|
- If things don’t get resolved at this level, or if it is a serious concern, you can ask to see a member of the SLT.
- Mrs Dixon
- Mrs Ireland
- Should you wish to take it further please complete a ‘School Formal Compaint form’ and send FAO the Head Teacher. You should receive acknowledgement within 3 working days and a response to your concern within 10 working days.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Head Teacher’s response, the matter will be referred to the Director of Primaries, Mrs C Stevens.
- If on the rare occasion a concern is not resolved in this way, please complete a ‘Schools Complaint Review Request Form’ and send to The Governing Body (c/o Gordon children’s Academy).
- If still not resolved, please write to Secretary of State for Education. Address available from the school office.
Uniform for Children
For the current uniform please click Uniform for Children
Parent Forum – Have Your Say
As the school’s Parent Partnership Lead, I would like to further develop the links between school and parents. There will be a parent forum each term to discuss questions raised at the previous forum and to address new questions that have been emailed to the office.
The aim of these sessions will be to discuss issues that impact on the day to day running of the school and any concerns that you may have as parents or carers.
These sessions will be open to all parents or carers who have regular interaction with the school – they are not to be used for personal grievances that need to be discussed more confidentially.
Our core values are Achievement, Aspirations, Responsibility and Community – all of which can be successfully achieved when we work together.
I look forward to meeting you all and developing an improved relationship with the community.
We appreciate that parents may not be able to attend due to work commitments but if there are things you wish to share please use the email link below.
Minutes of forums:
A thank you to all who attended – minutes below.
Water Safety – Stay S.A.F.E.
Website to use with your Child
Please click on the following link to see a list of useful websites to use with your child: