Resolution of Concern
Before using the email address below please ensure that you have raised your concern with the Class Teacher and the Year Group Leader as per the process below, before using the email link to express a concern.
Resolution of Concerns – Procedure at Gordon Children’s Academy
- We want to respond quickly to any concerns that you may have.
- If you have a concern, the first person you should speak to is your child’s Class Teacher.
- If it is not resolved at that stage, you may ask to speak to speak to the Year Group Leader.
Year Group Leaders
|Reception||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Miss Debnam||Miss Evans||Miss Evans||Mrs Youseman||Mrs Youseman||Miss Shufflebotham||Mr McKinlay|
- If things don’t get resolved at this level, or if it is a serious concern, you can ask to see a member of the SLT:
- Miss Debnam – Assistant Headteacher/SENCo
- Miss Miller – Assistant Headteacher
- Miss Thornton – Assistant Headteacher
- Mrs Youseman – Assistant Headteacher
- Should you wish to take it further please complete a ‘School Formal Compaint form’ and send FAO Mrs Chetty-Marston, Acting Head of School. You should receive acknowledgement within 3 working days and a response to your concern within 20 working days.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Acting Head of School’s response, the matter will be referred to the Mrs J Murphy, Executive Headteacher.
- If on the rare occasion a concern is not resolved in this way, please complete a ‘Schools Complaint Review Request Form’ and send to The Governing Body (c/o Gordon children’s Academy).
- If still not resolved, please write to Secretary of State for Education. Address available from the school office.